- Eligibility for approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
- Current California license as a registered professional nurse in good standing.
- Validated clinical competence in nursing area relevant to assigned teaching content (geriatrics, medical-surgical, mental-health/psychiatric nursing, obstetrics, or pediatrics). Must possess and exercise the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the nursing area assigned.
- 1 year continuous full-time, or its equivalent, experience providing direct patient care as an RN in the designated nursing area within the last 5 years; or 1 academic year of RN level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency within the last 5 years.
- Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of an accredited post-baccalaureate course that included practice in teaching registered nursing (including teaching strategies, course outline & lesson plan development, evaluation, and practice teaching).
- Current BCLS certification and clinical requirements for immunizations and orientations determined appropriate by clinical agencies.
- Current clinical nursing malpractice insurance.
- Criminal background clearance.
- Physical/health clearance from licensed healthcare provider, including clinical participation requirements.
ABOUT CNI COLLEGE
CNI College, located in Orange County, provides you with a full range of career training to help you succeed in some of the most desired health related fields.
CNI College offers career planning services to help students decide which healthcare career is best for them and graduate services to help students find employment after graduation. As a career college in the city of Orange, near Santa Ana and Anaheim, California, CNI College gives students all the tools they need to excel in the allied healthcare industry.