The Medical Assistant Program is one of the most popular programs at CNI College for several reasons. First, you can graduate quickly; the average length of study is only 10 months, so in less than a year you can have the training you need to begin your career in a medical field. There is federal financial aid available to help students who want to pursue a career in this field, and our graduates are eligible for certification through the AAMA or AMT. The College Medical Assistant Program is accredited by ABHES.
How Popular is Medical Assistant?
Medical Assistant is one of the most popular terminal degrees in the healthcare field. From 2012 to 2022, employment in this field is expected to increase by 29 percent, making it one of the hottest jobs in the medical field.
This program is a total of 900 hours in length, represented by 24.5 credit units. For this reason, many students choose it as a great way to become certified quickly and gain a foothold in the medical field. Many students choose to certify as medical assistants and then go on, while working, to study for another degree.
The courses for Medical Assistant include:
- Introduction to Medical Assisting—a course designed to give students a foundation in medical assistant theory
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology—basic course designed to teach about the human body
- Office Environment Safety, Infection Control and Laboratory—an important course about the way to stay safe in medical environments
- Systems Control and Senses—a course on control of various medical systems
- Financial Management—necessary introduction to the financial side of medicine
- Clinical Medical Assisting Duties—teaches students what to expect in their clinical externship
- Pharmacology and Office Emergencies—teaches students how to handle emergencies
- Clinical Externship—practical, on-the-job experience
What Types of Jobs Can I Get With a Medical Assistant Degree?
Medical Assistant is a great way to secure a job in both the practical and administrative fields of medicine. With a degree as a medical assistant, you are on your way to a variety of entry-level positions, including administrative office jobs and jobs in a hospital or medical clinic.
For more information about how a Medical Assistant degree from CNI College can help you with your medical career, visit our website. We offer a wide range of training options to meet every need.